- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (6-pound) or 2 (3-pound) pieces Boston butt or pork shoulder
- 1 cup apple cider or unfiltered apple juice
- 20 to 24 corn tortillas, grilled
- Toppings: lime slices, grated cheese, fresh cilantro, sliced avocado, sour cream, Garden Tomato Salsa
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; rub spice mixture all over pork. Place pork, fatty side up, in a large Dutch oven. Pour cider and 1/2 cup water around pork. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and roast at 325° for 5 hours or until fork-tender. Uncover and cook another 30 to 40 minutes or until skin is crispy and pork breaks apart easily with a fork.
Remove from oven, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes before shredding into chunks with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid, and add liquid to pork before serving. Serve warm with grilled tortillas and desired toppings.