- 1 Boneless pork shoulder (about 4 pounds)
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup Chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons Fennel seeds
- 4 tablespoons Kosher salt (1 tablespoon for every pound of meat)
- 1 tablespoons Coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Extra-virgin oil
- 3/2 pound Fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Light brown sugar
- 1 Orange zested and juiced
- 1 cup Crushed amaretto cookies
- 1/3 cup Toasted pecan halves
- Tyler Florence
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 325Â°F.
Toast the fennel seeds in a pan over medium heat until fragrant. Place the garlic, rosemary, sage, toasted fennel seeds, salt, and pepper into a food processor and pulse. Add the olive oil as it blends to form a paste. Take the herb paste and rub all over the pork. Cover the pork with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or up to overnight
After marinated Preheat oven and allow the meat to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Place the pork, fat-side up, in a roasting pan and roast for 3 hours loosely tented with aluminium foil. Save pan juice in a gravy boat for later. Let the meat rest on a cutting board for 10 minutes before slicing and serve with cranberry pecan relish on top of pork slices and drizzled pan juice (see recipe below).
For the relish: Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse several times until ingredients are incorporated. The texture of the relish should remain chunky. Allow to sit for 30 minutes at room temperature so flavors can blend.