- 1 (4- to 4 1/2-pound) whole chicken
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Remove giblets from chicken. Place giblets, onion, and garlic in a shallow roasting pan.
- Tuck chicken wings under; tie legs together with string, if desired. Place, breast side up, over giblets and vegetables; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle chicken and giblet mixture with oil. Add broth to roasting pan.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover and bake 1 more hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into chicken thigh registers 180°.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This