- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 (2.6-ounce) package golden onion soup mix (such as Lipton Recipe Secrets)
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 3/4 pounds eye-of-round roast, trimmed
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 207
- fat 9.1 g
- satfat 3.1 g
- protein 24.6 g
- carbohydrate 5.7 g
- cholesterol 60 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 512 mg
- caloriesfromfat 40 %
- fiber 0.6 g
- calcium 22 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients; set aside.
Coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; add oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
Sprinkle beef with soup mix mixture; add 1 cup water and wine to pan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 hours.
Place beef on a platter, reserving liquid in pan; cover beef with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Combine flour and 2 tablespoons water; add to cooking liquid. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until thick; add parsley. Serve over beef.