Slow-Cooker Wild Rice and Mushroom Stuffing
Save space in your oven when you’re cooking the holiday meal and use your slow cooker for the wild rice stuffing.
More From Allyou
Total: 3 Hours
- Calories: 330
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 51g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- 6 cups 1/2-inch cubes white country-style bread (about 12 oz.)
- 5 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, such as cremini, shiitake and oyster, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread bread cubes in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake until dry and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool.
- 2. In a large pan over medium heat, bring 4 cups of broth to a boil. Add 1 tsp. each salt and pepper and wild rice, stir well, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid.
- 3. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook onion and celery, stirring often, until tender, about 8 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high, add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until liquid evaporates, about 6 minutes. Stir in herbs, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.
- 4. Mist inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Add wild rice, mushroom mixture, bread and remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth; stir well. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This