It is obvious that step 3 was omitted which is no big deal if you've ever used a slow cooker before. I did high for 30 minutes and then low for 9 hours and it was a very good chicken chili recipe. I did everything as written in the ingredients and it is a decent recipe.
Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili
Throw this into the slow cooker in the morning before you head off to work, and all day you'll be able to enjoy the satisfaction of knowing exactly what you're going to have for dinner. Using chicken rather than beef in this recipe makes it lower fat than your standard chili. Feel free to amp up the cayenne pepper if you really like the heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken (dark or white meat) cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- One 1-pound package dried Great Northern beans, rinsed and picked over
- Two 4.5-ounce cans green chiles, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Taco chips for serving
- 1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is tender and chicken is cooked through.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese and taco chips. Cook 30 minutes on High.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note