Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups chicken (dark or white meat) cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth
- One 1-pound package dried Great Northern beans, rinsed and picked over
- Two 4.5-ounce cans green chiles, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Taco chips for serving
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until onion is tender and chicken is cooked through.
Transfer mixture to a 4- or 5-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese and taco chips. Cook 30 minutes on High.
Depending on your schedule, you can either leave the slowcooker set on High and your chili will be ready in 5 hours, or you can switch heat to Low and let it cook 9 to 10 hours.
To serve, ladle chili into individual bowls. Top each with cheese and serve with chips on the side.