I used fresh tomatoes from the garden rather than canned and added a little broth to make up the liquid. Also I used unsoaked dried black beans and it worked! Served it in baked potatoes topped with cheese, kids loved it.
Slow-cooker Turkey Chili
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28-oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25-oz.) package chili seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toppings: shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese blend, finely chopped red onion
- 1. Cook first 3 ingredients in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Spoon mixture into a 5 1/2-qt. slow cooker; stir in corn and next 7 ingredients until well blended.
- 2. Cook at HIGH 4 to 5 hours or at LOW 6 to 8 hours. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews