- 2 pounds lean ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 jalapeño peppers
- 2 large poblano peppers
- 1 (48-oz.) container reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15.5-oz.) cans navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle beer
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 medium-size yellow onions, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Cilantro Sauce
- Garnishes: shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, sliced avocado, diced red bell peppers
How to Make It
Cook turkey in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until meat crumbles. Transfer turkey to a 6-qt. slow cooker.
Using tongs, char each jalapeño and poblano pepper over gas flame, turning occasionally, about 5 minutes or until skins are totally blackened. (If you don't have a gas cooktop, preheat broiler with oven rack 6 inches from heat. Broil peppers 5 minutes or until blackened, turning occasionally.)
Place charred peppers in a bowl, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand 5 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers under running water. Remove and discard seeds and membranes. Dice peppers, and add to slow cooker.
Stir in broth and next 9 ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 7 hours or until chili thickens. Serve with Cilantro Sauce.
Note: This recipe makes a mild chili. For a spicier chili, add pepper seeds to slow cooker.