this recipe is for the eggplant, the one before this "readers recipes" not pork sweet & sour.
Slow-Cooker Sweet and Sour Pork
Make the most of these leftovers! All You Reader Shana Beattie suggests mixing it into fried rice for a second meal.
More From Allyou
Bake: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 337
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Sodium: 965mg
- 1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons pack light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 bone-in center-cut pork chops, 1 inch thick, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Mix broth, chili sauce, brown sugar and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1/2 tsp. ginger; rub mixture on both sides of pork chops. Warm 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook chops in a single layer until browned, about 2 1/2 minutes; flip and cook 2 minutes longer. Transfer to slow cooker. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Reduce heat to medium;add remaining oil to same skillet. Add onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic; saute for 30 seconds. Remove skillet from heat and stir in broth mixture, scraping up browned bits. Pour sauce into slow cooker; stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Transfer chops to a platter and cover with foil. Skim fat from sauce. Stir in 1/4 tsp. ginger; season with salt and pepper. Serve sauce over pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note