Slow-Cooker Sweet Potatoes with Bacon
- 4 pounds slender sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
How to Make It
Place sweet potatoes in a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir together orange juice concentrate and next 4 igredients in a small bowl. Pour over sweet potatoes, tossing to coat.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 1/2 to 6 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Transfer potatoes to a serving dish, using a slotted spoon. Increase slow cooker to HIGH. Whisk together cornstarch and 1 Tbsp. cold water until smooth. Whisk cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid in slow cooker. Cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Spoon sauce over potatoes.
Stir together parsley, orange zest, and garlic. Sprinkle potatoes with parsley mixture and crumbled bacon.
This sweet-and-salty side could not be easier to prep on Thanksgiving morning. Best part? It's made in the slow cooker, so you're saving valuable stovetop space.