This was super easy to prep. Cooked it on low for 6 hours. Loved the re-plumped sweet raisins but no one got any spicy. Might try again but add cayenne or red pepper flakes to the sauce while it is cooking. The chicken was fall-off-the-bone. Served this with basmati rice and it was perfect for soaking up the sauce.
Slow Cooker Sweet-and-Spicy Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 mudium yellow onion cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 3-ince piece peeled fresh ginger sliced into rounds
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- In a large zip-top bag, combine cumin, cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; add chicken and toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Cook chicken, skin side down, until golden, about 4 minutes; flip and cook 2 minutes.
- In a 5- to 6-quart slow-cooker, place onion, garlic and ginger. Add chicken, skin side up, then top with tomatoes and their liquid, and raisins. Cover and cook on high until chicken is tender, 3 1/2 hours (or 6 hours on low).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davediddy32 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes