Slow Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Slow Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Chicken
- Delight family members by serving them sweet and sour chicken packed with vegetables with addition of pineapple chunks – a hearty slow-cooked dinner.
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks in juice
- cup baby-cut carrots, cut in half
- medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- cloves garlic, finely chopped
- teaspoon finely chopped gingerroot
- pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
- cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- cup packed brown sugar
- medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- cup cornstarch
- cup water
- Hot cooked rice or chow mein noodles, if desired
- 1.Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple chunks in small bowl; cover and refrigerate.
- 2.Place carrots, onion, garlic and gingerroot in 4 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with chicken. Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice; pour over chicken.
- 3.Cover and cook on low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink.
- 4.During last 30 minutes, add pineapple and bell peppers. Increase to high heat setting. Mix cornstarch and water; stir into chicken mixture during last 10 minutes of cooking. Serve with rice.
- Makes 8 servings
- Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Betty Crocker® Kitchens
- If you don't have fresh gingerroot on hand, use 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger instead.
- Success Hint
- If you're taking this favorite to a potluck or gathering, chow mein noodles. They add a nice crunch, and there's no need to worry about keeping them hot-simply serve from the bag.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes