Slow-Cooker Soy-Glazed Chicken With Stir-Fried Vegetables
Recipe by Dawn Perry, February 2012; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/soy-glazed-chicken-stir-fried-vegetables-00100000074155.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1 cup(s) long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 3/4 pound(s) snow peas, trimmed
- 2 head(s) baby bok choy, leaves separated
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- Black pepper
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, fish sauce, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
- 2. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time).
- 3. Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- 4. Meanwhile, transfer the chicken to a plate. Pour the cooking liquid into a large skillet and boil until slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5. Heat the oil in a second large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas, bok choy, bell pepper, scallions, and garlic and cook, tossing frequently, until the vegetables are tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Serve with the chicken and rice; drizzle with the cooking liquid.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note