Slow Cooker Southern Lima Beans and Ham
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) dried baby lima beans
- 2 quart(s) water
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 meaty ham bone
- 1 1/2 cup(s) leftover ham meat from bone, chopped
- 3 cup(s) water, or as needed to cover
- 1 teaspoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) garlic salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 1.Soak lima beans in 2 quarts of water in a large bowl for 8 hours or overnight. The next day, drain the lima beans and place into a slow cooker with onions, ham bone, and ham. Pour in 3 cups of water or as needed to cover. Place lid on the cooker, set to High, and cook for 3 hours.
- 2.Stir in Cajun seasoning, black pepper, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper; set cooker to Low and cook until the beans and meat are very tender, about 4 more hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Southern Lima Beans and Ham Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes