Slow-cooker sausage lasagna
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) Italian pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound(s) ground beef sirloin
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- coarse sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 can(s) 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 can(s) 28 oz. crushed tomatoes in puree
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1. In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, cook sausage and beef over medium-high, breaking up meat with a spoon, until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Add onion, carrots, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook until onion has softened, 3-5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, then tomatoes; bring to a boil, and remove from heat.
- 2. Spoon 2 cups meat mixture into bottom of slow cooker. Layer 3 noodles (breaking them as needed to fit), 2 cups meat mixture, and 1/2 cup cheese; repeat with two more layers (refrigerate 1/2 cup cheese for topping).
- 3. Cover slow cooker, and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Add some beef broth if it looks dry and let cook a little longer. Sprinkle lasagna with 1/2 cup cheese. Cover until cheese has melted, about 10 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow-cooker sausage lasagna Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes