Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) salsa
- 1 can(s) petite diced canned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) taco seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 cup(s) onions diced
- 1/2 cup(s) celery diced
- 1/2 cup(s) carrots shredded
- 3 tablespoon(s) sour cream reduced fat
- 1 cup(s) green onions sliced
- 2 cup(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top. Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.
- One-half hour before serving, add shredded cheese and allow to melt into the mixture. Sprinkle the sliced green onions on top before serving.
- Makes eight 1 cup servings.
- Nutrition Info: Calories: 164.9; Fat: 2.5g; Carbohydrates: 7.3g; Protein: 27.6g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hmscarlst5 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes