SLOW-COOKER SALSA CHICKEN!
Community Recipe from
- chicken breasts
- 2 lbs. (32 oz.) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
- 1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup onions, diced fine
- 1/2 cup celery diced fine
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 tbsp. sour cream, reduced fat
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top. Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.
- Makes eight 1 cup servings.
- Nutrition Info: Calories: 164.9; Fat: 2.5g; Carbohydrates: 7.3g; Protein: 27.6g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes