SLOW-COOKER SALSA CHICKEN!
Community Recipe from
- chicken breasts
- 2 lbs. (32 oz.) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
- 1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
- 2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1 cup onions, diced fine
- 1/2 cup celery diced fine
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 tbsp. sour cream, reduced fat
- Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top. Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.
- Makes eight 1 cup servings.
- Nutrition Info: Calories: 164.9; Fat: 2.5g; Carbohydrates: 7.3g; Protein: 27.6g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by affj1159 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note