TOO DIE FOR!! I used a 3 lb. rump roast & added GARLIC salt & pepper before browning. After mixing soup, broth & soup mix in crockpot I added an 8 oz. pkg. of fresh whole mushrooms sliced thick and 1 med. sweet onion cut in large chunks. Placed the roast on top and added 1/2 to 1 cup (didn't measure) of Riunite Lambrusco red wine. Went the full 8 hours and the aroma in the house was amazing! Whisked a little water & cornstarch with the gravy to thicken & it didn't really even need to be seasoned more. Garlic mashed potatoes-homemade rolls-steamed lemon french green beans & salad. PERFECTION! Will definately make again. Thanks for posting this recipe.
Slow-cooker Roast and Gravy
Remember, don't lift the lid. Each time you do, heat is lost, and you'll need to cook 20 to 30 more minutes.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope dry onion-mushroom soup mix
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-lb.) eye of round roast, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a 5 1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Sprinkle roast evenly with flour, salt, and pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
- 4. Remove roast from slow cooker; slice to serve. Skim fat from gravy in slow cooker, if desired. Whisk gravy; serve over roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note