This was delicious - I didn't realized until after I'd made it that the recipe called for condensed beef broth rather than regular, but the gravy was still very flavorful. Will definitely make this again.
Slow-cooker Roast and Gravy
More From Southern Living
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope dry onion-mushroom soup mix
- 1 (3 1/2- to 4-lb.) eye of round roast, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients in a 5 1/2-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Sprinkle roast evenly with flour, salt, and pepper. Brown roast on all sides in hot oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Transfer roast to slow cooker.
- 3. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
- 4. Remove roast from slow cooker; slice to serve. Skim fat from gravy in slow cooker, if desired. Whisk gravy; serve over roast.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes