Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches
- Easy enough to make for a weeknight meal or a friendly Oktoberfest gathering. Bring on the beer and the oompah band!
- Prep Time
- Total Time
- package (2 pounds) refrigerated sauerkraut
- package (2 to 3 pounds) corned beef brisket
- cup Thousand Island dressing
- slices pumpernickel rye bread, toasted
- slices (1 ounce each) Swiss cheese
- 1.Place sauerkraut in 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Place beef brisket on sauerkraut. (If brisket includes packet of spices, sprinkle spices over brisket.)
- 2.Cover and cook on Low heat setting 9 to 11 hours.
- 3.Remove beef from cooker; place on cutting board. Cut beef into slices. To serve, spread 1 tablespoon dressing on each toast slice. Using slotted spoon to remove sauerkraut from cooker, top 8 slices toast with 1/2 cup sauerkraut each. Top sauerkraut with beef slices and cheese slice. Top with remaining toast.
- Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- Makes 8 sandwiches
- Make the Most of This Recipe With Tips From The Betty Crocker® Kitchens
- Serve With
- These sandwiches cry out for a good garlic dill pickle, purchased German potato salad or crunchy potato chips and a side of deli slaw.
- To make this a portable potluck sandwich, stir the sliced beef into the sauerkraut. Place the dressing in a squeeze bottle (like for ketchup), and set out a basket of rye buns and smaller slices of Swiss cheese to make it easy for guests to make their own sandwiches.
- Special Touch
- Need a hearty party snack? Build the sandwiches on slices of party rye for a three-bite treat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Reuben Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sandwiches