Slow Cooker Red Beans and Barley
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) barley, rinsed (use long cooking time if available)
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk(s) celery, chopped
- 1 clove(s) fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flake
- 15 ounce(s) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce(s) crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaf
- 3 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) salt
- Place all ingredients in order listed in a 5-quart slow cooker; do not stir.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 7 hours; stir and serve
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmcnickle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Red Beans and Barley Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes