5-Ingredient Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 8 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 large sweet onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt)
- 2 tablespoons garlic-oregano-red pepper seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10 1/2-oz.) can condensed chicken broth
- 1. Place onions in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Rub roast with seasoning blend and salt; place roast on onions. Pour broth over roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- 2. Transfer roast to a cutting board or serving platter; shred with 2 forks, removing any large pieces of fat. Remove onions with a slotted spoon, and serve with pork. (Reserve 4 cups shredded pork for Pork Noodle Bowls and Pulled Pork Nachos, if desired.)
- Note: We tested with McCormick Grill Mates Backyard Brick Oven Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note