Slow cooker pulled pork
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Medium red onion Sliced
- 6 tablespoon(s) cider vingar Divided
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1 Medium yellow onion Chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) Packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 pound(s) Pork shoulder Trimmed and cut into 2 pieces
- 1. In a medium bowl, mix together the red onion, 4 T of the vinegar, and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 3 days.
- 2. In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, mix together the yellow onion, tomato paste, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, Cajun seasoning, the remaining 2 T of vinegar, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the pork and turn to coat.
- 3. Cover and cook until pork is very tender, on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Using 2 forks, shred the pork and mix it into the cooking liquid. Serve the pork on onions on toasted rolls with broccoli slaw.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow cooker pulled pork Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes