I followed this recipe exactly and I've never made BBQ before but wow it was so easy and sooo good!! My husband and 2 yr old daughter love it as well! Definitely will make it again in the future
Slow-Cooker Pulled Pork
This slow-cooker pulled pork recipe makes budget-friendly homemade barbecue a breeze! 7 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time are all you need to get this dish cooking for dinnertime.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 584
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 50g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- 1 (3 lb.) boneless pork shoulder, skin and excess fat removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 cups bottled or homemade barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Trim pork of any excess fat. Scatter onion over bottom of slow cooker and place pork on top. Add broth, cover and cook on low until very tender, about 8 hours. Remove meat and let cool.
- When cool enough to handle, pull meat into thin shreds, removing all fat and gristle. Skim excess fat from liquid in slow cooker.
- Return pulled pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce, mustard, honey and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 hour longer on low. If desired, serve with hamburger buns and sides of pinto beans, corn, tomatoes and coleslaw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note