Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Tacos
This makes a bunch of chicken, so freeze leftovers in 2 cup portions. The only variation I did was substitute a mexican spice mix called adobo for the cumin and oregano since it has both in it. I have also prepared it (accidentally) without the lime juice and it tastes fine. It is also good without the cilantro, but I LOVE cilantro, so I usually add some.
Yield: 10 servings
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 /1/2 pound(s) boneless chicken thighs
- 1 can(s) 10 oz original diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro minced
- Place chicken in 4-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic and seasonings. Pour over chicken. Cook until chicken is tender, about 6 to 8 hours on low heat or 4 to 5 hours on high heat.
- Remove chicken; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Use two forks to shred chicken. Return shredded chicken along with any accumulated juices to slow cooke; stir to combine. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rach716 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes