Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Tacos
This makes a bunch of chicken, so freeze leftovers in 2 cup portions. The only variation I did was substitute a mexican spice mix called adobo for the cumin and oregano since it has both in it. I have also prepared it (accidentally) without the lime juice and it tastes fine. It is also good without the cilantro, but I LOVE cilantro, so I usually add some.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 /1/2 pound(s) boneless chicken thighs
- 1 can(s) 10 oz original diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro minced
- Place chicken in 4-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic and seasonings. Pour over chicken. Cook until chicken is tender, about 6 to 8 hours on low heat or 4 to 5 hours on high heat.
- Remove chicken; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Use two forks to shred chicken. Return shredded chicken along with any accumulated juices to slow cooke; stir to combine. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Rach716 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note