- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 /1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 can 10 oz original diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
How to Make It
Place chicken in 4-quart slow cooker that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. In small bowl, stir together tomatoes, garlic and seasonings. Pour over chicken. Cook until chicken is tender, about 6 to 8 hours on low heat or 4 to 5 hours on high heat.
Remove chicken; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Use two forks to shred chicken. Return shredded chicken along with any accumulated juices to slow cooke; stir to combine. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve with tortillas and your favorite taco toppings.