Slow cooker pot roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound carrots—peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces, and halved lengthwise if thick
- 1 pound baby potatoes (about 15)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges (root end left intact)
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 3-pound beef chuck roast, tied
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1.In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, cornstarch, and 1 cup water. Add the carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, and bay leaves and toss to combine. Season the beef with 1½ teaspoons salt and ½ teaspoon pepper and set on top of the vegetables.
- 2.Cover and cook until tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours (this will shorten total recipe time). Let the meat rest for 10 minutes before discarding the kitchen twine and slicing the meat across the grain. Serve with the vegetables and cooking liquid and sprinkle with the parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by salter572 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow cooker pot roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes