Slow- Cooker Pot Roast
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) Sunflower oil or olive oil
- 1 Large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 pound(s) Boneless top Round or Rump Roast
- 3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Medium white potatoes, cubed
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 Envelopes ( 1.4 oz. each) onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 ) Heat the butter and sunflower oil or olive oil in a large skillet.Add the onion and beef .brown the beef on all sides.Transfer the beef onion to slow cooker.
- 2) Arrange the carrots, potatoes and bay leaves around the beef.Sprinkle with salt.In a heatproof bowl or measuring cup, combine the soup mix with 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- 3) pour the soup mixture over the beef and vegetable in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High until the meat is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- 4) in a medium saucepan, combine the cornstarch and about 1 teaspoon .water; stir to form a paste.Add 2 cups hot liquid from slow cooker and bring to a boil, stirring,until the gravy has thickened. Slice the beef and serve with vegetable and gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdowhower and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow- Cooker Pot Roast Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes