Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Get a head start on dinner with this fresh take on a slow-simmered, all-in-one meal that makes clean-up a breeze. Read more at Marthastewart.com: Slow-Cooker Pot Roast - Martha Stewart Recipes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) beef chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 dash(es) Coarse Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) Cornstarch
- 8 medium carrots, cut into thirds
- 2 medium onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- In slow cooker, stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water until smooth. Add carrots and onions; season with salt and pepper, and toss.
- Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; place on top of vegetables, and drizzle with Worcestershire. Cover; cook on high, 6 hours (or on low, 10 hours).
- Transfer roast to a cutting board; thinly slice against the grain. Place vegetables in a serving dish; pour pan juices through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired. Serve roast with vegetables and pan juices.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Beckystew and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note