Slow Cooker Posole
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 pound(s) boneless pork loin cut into 1-inch cubed
- 2 can(s) enchilada sauce 14.5 oz cans
- 2 can(s) white hominy 14.5 oz cans, drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) green chilies diced
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2-3 limes, optional for garnish
- sour cream, optional for garnish
- 1. Heat the canola oil in a skillet over high heat. Add the pork; cook and stir just until meat is browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Place the meat in a 4 quart slow cooker. Pour the enchilada sauce over the meat. Top with the hominy, onion, chilies, garlic, cayenne pepper, and oregano. Pour in enough water to fill the slow cooker.
- 3. Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours. Stir in the cilantro and salt. Cook on Low for 30 minutes more.
- 4. If desired, add lime juice and sour cream to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by skippie325 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note