- 1 (4 1/2- to 5-lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt), trimmed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle white ale
- 2 (8-oz.) cans pineapple tidbits in juice
- 1 (7-oz.) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 16 (6-inch) fajita-size corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: crumbled goat cheese, sliced radishes, fresh cilantro leaves, chopped avocado
How to Make It
Rub roast with salt, and place in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker. Pour beer and 1 can of pineapple tidbits over roast. Process chipotle peppers and remaining can of pineapple in a blender or food processor until smooth. Pour over roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
Transfer pork to a cutting board; shred with two forks, removing any large pieces of fat. Skim fat from sauce, and stir in shredded pork.
Stir together fresh pineapple and next 5 ingredients. Serve pork in warm tortillas with pineapple mixture and desired toppings.