I'm afraid I don't agree with the comment about the pork having "outstanding flavor" ... we actually found the meat a little bland on its own. Prepared the recipe as written. If we make it again, we'll add more spices to season it for sure. Fortunately, the chimichurri is great (we also added cilantro to it). And there is no way one single soft corn taco will hold up, I guess that's why they are always doubled up in restaurants. We attempted to eat them that way, and the tacos just fell apart.
Slow-Cooker Pork Loin Carnita Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce
These make-ahead tacos are an ideal way to showcase slow-cooked pork. Browning the pork roast before adding it to the slow cooker adds rich flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 320
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 506mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
- Chimichurri Sauce
- 1. Rub pork with salt, pepper, and garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork to a 5-quart round electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add stock to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Pour stock mixture over pork; add water. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until tender.
- 2. Remove pork from slow cooker, and place in a medium bowl. Pour broth into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- 3. While broth reduces, shred pork using 2 forks. Stir in broth reduction.
- 4. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve pork with tortillas, sour cream, if desired, and Chimichurri Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note