My family loves thease, and there are usually lots of leftovers. I freeze them and make a quick meal latter.
Slow-Cooker Pork Loin Carnita Tacos with Chimichurri Sauce
These make-ahead tacos are an ideal way to showcase slow-cooked pork. Browning the pork roast before adding it to the slow cooker adds rich flavor.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 320
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 29.4g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 62mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 506mg
- Calcium: 71mg
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 6 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)
- Chimichurri Sauce
- 1. Rub pork with salt, pepper, and garlic. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer pork to a 5-quart round electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add stock to pan, scraping to loosen browned bits; cook 2 minutes. Pour stock mixture over pork; add water. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until tender.
- 2. Remove pork from slow cooker, and place in a medium bowl. Pour broth into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil over high heat; boil 5 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup.
- 3. While broth reduces, shred pork using 2 forks. Stir in broth reduction.
- 4. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve pork with tortillas, sour cream, if desired, and Chimichurri Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note