Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushrooms and Carrots
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 2-in. pieces
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 2 oregano sprigs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-oz.) bone-in center-cut pork chops
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 6 ounces uncooked whole-wheat egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- calories 447
- fat 13.6 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 5.5 g
- polyfat 1.4 g
- protein 33 g
- carbohydrate 49 g
- fiber 8 g
- cholesterol 81 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 529 mg
- calcium 73 mg
- Est. Added Sugars 0 g
- sugars 7 g
How to Make It
Combine stock, vinegar, and flour in a 6-quart slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Stir in carrots, mushrooms, onion, garlic, thyme sprigs, and oregano sprigs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add pork chops to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side. Place pork chops in slow cooker.
Add wine to skillet over medium-high; cook 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Spoon wine mixture over pork chops in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Cook egg noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain.
Remove pork chops from slow cooker, and keep warm. Remove and discard herb sprigs. Add heavy cream, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper to vegetable mixture in slow cooker, stirring to combine. Stir in cooked egg noodles. Divide noodle mixture among 4 plates; top each with 1 pork chop, and drizzle with any remaining sauce in slow cooker. Sprinkle evenly with thyme leaves.