This is a very easy recipe and tastes amazing.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder , trimmed
- 10 clove(s) garlic sliced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce drained,chopped
- 20 6 inch flour or corn tortillas
- 2/3 cup(s) onion chopped
- 2/3 bottled salsa
- 2/3 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- 10 lime wedges
- 1. Make 1/2 inch deep slits on outside of roast, stuff with garlic. Combine cumin and next 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Place roast in a 3 1/2 qt slow cooker. Sprinkle pork on all sides with spice mixture.
- 2. Combine juices and chipotle chiles. Pour juice over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until pork is tender.
- 3. Remove pork from slow cooker, shred meat with 2 forks. Skim fat from cooking liquid. Combine shredded pork and 1/2 cup cooking liquid in a medium bowl; toss well.
- 4. Warm tortillas according to package directions.
- 5. Spoon 1 1/2 ounces pork mixture onto each tortilla; top with onion, salsa and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note