Slow-Cooker Peanut-Sweet Potato Stew
Your humble jar of peanut butter just became tonight's star ingredient, adding flavor and protein to this simple vegetarian meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 318
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 529mg
- 6 small sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into 3/4-inch slices (about 2 lb.)
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 5 sprigs plus 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1. Stir together potatoes, onions, tomatoes, parsley sprigs, cumin, allspice, salt, pepper and 2 cups water in a slow cooker until thoroughly combined. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on high. Discard parsley sprigs.
- 2. Just before serving stew, stir in chopped parsley and peanut butter. Serve hot in bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note