Really, really good! I love that it's made in a crock pot as I make a lot of stir fry for my immediate family and would love to make it for company but don't want to be throwing it all together while guests are around. This is an awesome recipe and really easy to make in advance. My husband and kids loved it and asked for seconds. It was a bit spicy though ( I was surprised the kids 3 & 5 didn't complain about the spice) and will add less chili sauce next time. Also, I oven "fried" the chicken (dust chicken pieces in cornstarch and bake 15 mins at 375 on a foil lined baking sheet) instead of frying in oil. I too found the sauce to liquidity so I added about 1 tbsp cornstarch (stir into cold water then add to the crockpot) and it thickened up really nicely! Great recipe- I can't wait to make it again!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Minced garlic
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 package(s) Lee Kum Kee Orange Sauce
- 3 chicken breasts (large)
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- Prepare sauce by adding first eight ingredients to slow cooker on high heat.
- Prepare the chicken by heating oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Slice chicken breasts into bite size pieces. When oil is hot, add a few pieces of chicken to the oil. Brown chicken on both sides and transfer chicken to a plate with paper towels. When all chicken is browned, add to slower cooker. Cook low for three hours with lid off.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyByrnes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note