Slow cooker Mexican Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 4 whole(s) chicken breasts cubed
- 4 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 16 oz jar salsa (i used a medium-spicy one)
- 1 14 oz jar diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 4 oz can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 15 oz can black bans, rinsed + drained
- 1 8 oz bag frozen corn (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stem removed, pierced several times with a fork
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- salt + pepper to taste
- in a large bowl, toss cubed chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + 1/2 teaspoon salt until well-coated. allow to sit for 10 minutes or so, while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- combine salsa, beans, corn, tomatoes with green chiles, chopped green chiles, cilantro, + jalapeno in the crock pot – stir to combine well. add the seasoned chicken breast cubes to the crockpot, stir to combine.
- cook on low for 5-6 hours, then serve with rice and/or tortillas. discard jalapeño before putting leftovers in the refrigerator, as jalapeños can continue to release heat/spiciness into the leftovers over the next few days.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by EleanorCook and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note