Delicious! Family loved it too! Used 1lb. extra lean ground turkey and 1lb. 93/7 beef (leaner beef will help with it being too "wet"). Also put fresh regular mushrooms, wheat bread, onions in the food processor and made a dry mix then added to the beef and turkey with the rest of the ingredients. I like a bit more of the sauce so doubled it...served with homemade garlic mashed potatoes with turkey bacon and green onions.
Slow-Cooker Meat Loaf with Shiitake Mushrooms
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 265
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 25.2g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 545mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 2 (1-ounce) slices whole wheat bread
- 3/4 pound ground round
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grated fresh onion
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Place bread in a food processor, and pulse 10 times or until crumbs measure 1 1/3 cups. Combine the crumbs, beef, and next 7 ingredients (beef through garlic) in a large bowl, and shape meat mixture into a 9 x 6-inch loaf. Place loaf in an electric slow cooker.
- Combine ketchup, mustard, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a fork. Spread ketchup mixture evenly over top of loaf. Cover with lid; cook on LOW for 5 hours.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note