I am Italian and I'd like to think I know how to cook something... So, with that said. I added 10 cloves of pressed garlic and three teaspoons of Italian seasoning. I read this recipe and thought "It needs more flavor" so I did just that. And, it's good. Kind of like an easy bolognese sauce.... Some people may think I put too much garlic so if you like a little, use 5 cloves. The secret is always the garlic....
Slow-Cooker Macaroni and Beef
Make this tangy meat sauce in the slow-cooker to top macaroni or other pasta. A quick and easy meal when you're craving some classic Italian flavors.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 738
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 64g
- Carbohydrate: 64g
- Fiber: 13g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds extra-lean (90%-93%) ground beef
- 2 (28 oz.) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked gemelli, cellentani or other corkscrew pasta
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Put onion in pot of slow cooker. Crumble ground beef on top and pour tomatoes over beef. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low. Break up any large pieces of beef with a wooden spoon. Season with salt. Remove half of sauce and reserve for another recipe; keep remaining sauce warm in slow cooker. (Makes about 2 1/2 quarts meat sauce.)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions, stirring often, until al dente. Drain and transfer to four shallow bowls. Spoon meat sauce over each portion of pasta. Serve with Parmesan cheese, basil and freshly ground pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note