Slow Cooker Lobster Risotto
Community Recipe from
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) diced onion
- 1 1/2 cup(s) arborio rice
- 3/4 cup(s) dry white wine
- 4 1/4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cup(s) corn kernels cut from the cob, or frozen and thawed
- 4 8 oz. lobster tails thawed if previously frozen, removed from shells; cut into chunks
- 1 cup(s) tiny tomato halves
- 1/4 cup(s) julienned fresh spinach or minced parsley
- 1 pinch(s) salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large saute pan. Add onion and rice and cook a few minutes or until onions are wilted. Add all the wine and simmer until reduced by half.
- Transfer to a slow-cooker and add all the vegetable broth. Cook on High for 1.5 hours without stirring (slow cookers vary in heat capacity, so check to see if most of the liquid has been absorbed).
- Add the corn and lobster, stirring to combine (if all the liquid has been absorbed, add 4-5 tbs of broth). Cover and cook 10 more minutes. Fold in tomatoes, spinach or parsley and seasonings. Turn the heat off, but keep covered. Plan to serve within 5-8 minutes.
- Makes 4 entree servings or 8 appetizers. 785 calories/entree serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Sydney7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note