Slow Cooker Lasagna
Home-cooked lasagna on a weeknight? Yes! Thanks to the slow cooker and no precooking of the noodles! Something as simple as chopped fresh parsley will dress up this lasagna. Sprinkle on the parsley just before serving. For lasagna with a kick, look for hot or spicy Italian sausage. Links can be used if bulk sausage isn't available. Just squeeze the meat out of the casings and cook as directed. Recipe from Pillsbury.com.
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound(s) bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 15-ounce can(s) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 15-ounce container(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1. Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- 2. Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.)
- 3. Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- 4. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- 5. Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note