Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.5 pound(s) sweet Italian sausage
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 small onions, chopped
- (2) 16 ounce(s) cans whole peeled tomatoes
- 1.25 cup(s) dry red wine
- 5 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 16 ounce(s) spinach fettucini pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.In a large pot, cook sausage over medium heat until brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Drain fat from pan, reserving 3 tablespoons.
- 2.Cook garlic and onion in reserved fat for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, wine, broth, basil, and oregano. Transfer to a slow cooker, and stir in sausage, zucchini, bell pepper, and parsley.
- 3.Cover, and cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours.
- 4.Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain water, and add pasta to the slow cooker. Simmer for a few minutes, and season with salt and pepper before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kateseats59 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes