I found this very dry & lacking flavor. Also, even though I only cooked for approx. 8 hrs instead of the recommended 10 my eggs were rubbery. One one of the other reviews mentioned adding a can of cream o chicken or cream o shroom, maybe that would help. I also think that perhaps a full dozen eggs may be a little much.. either way, I didn't find it at all appealing.
Slow-Cooker Hashbrown Casserole
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
- 1 32-oz. pkg. frozen shredded hashbrowns
- 1 pound ground pork sausage, browned and drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1/3 each of hashbrowns, sausage, onion, green pepper and cheese in a lightly greased slow cooker. Repeat layering 2 more times, ending with cheese.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a large bowl; pour over top.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 10 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles