- 12 ounces chorizo, raw
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 20 ounces Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms® Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms® Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to Make It
Cook chorizo in a sauté pan over medium-high heat until fully cooked. Remove chorizo with a slotted spoon and reserve on a clean paper towel.
Sauté diced peppers in the rendered chorizo oil for two minutes, and then add hash browns and seasonings and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, cream and milk.
Fold the shredded Monterey Jack and shredded Cheddar cheeses into the hash brown mixture.
Transfer the hash brown mixture to slow cooker. Add egg mixture and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours.