Slow Cooker Goulash with beets & parsley pasta From Cuisine at Home
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) below
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast, seasoned with salt and black pepper (3 lb)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 2 cups fresh peeled, diced beets
- 1 cup diced celerey
- 1cup sliced carrots, 1/4 inch thick
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp caraway
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 lb dry egg noodles
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter (4 Tbsp)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sour cream
- Coat roast in flour, then sear in oil in a large saute pan over high heat until deep brown on both sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer roast to slow cooker. Reduce pan heat to medium-high.
- Saute onion, beets, celery, and carrots in drippings until beginning to soften, 3 minutes. Add tomato paste, garlic, paprika, cumin, coriander, and caraway; cook 2 minutes more.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and cook until nearly evaporated, 1 minute. Add broth, bring to a boil, and transfer mixture to slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook roast until for-tender on high setting, about 4 hours. Shred meat, then return to slow cooker.
- Add 1/4 cup parsley and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- For the pasta, cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain noodles and toss with butter and 12 cup parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve goulash over noodles and garnish with sour cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Goulash with beets & parsley pasta From Cuisine at Home Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes