- Cooking spray
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserving liquid
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle NEWMAN'S OWN Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing, reserving 2 tablespoons
- 1/3 cup dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions and tops
How to Make It
Place sweet potatoes, apricots, raisins, pineapple and garlic in a slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top with chicken breasts and ginger dressing. Sprinkle with onion flakes and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Combine cornstarch with reserved 2 tablespoons reserved dressing, and add to chicken mixture to thicken sauce.
Prepare rice in a saucepan according to package directions using 1 ¼ cup water and ¾ cup reserved pineapple liquid in place of some of the water. Set aside and keep warm.
To serve, spoon rice evenly onto 4 plates. Top each with a chicken breast and the sweet potato mixture. Sprinkle with onions.