Slow Cooker Frito Chili Pie
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 8 to 10 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2-28 ounce(s) can chopped tomatoes undrained
- 2-16 ounce(s) cans pinto beans rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-12 ounce(s) bags of regular size Fritos
- 1 pound(s) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- Heat a medium-size nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and garlic and cook until there is no pink, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat. Drain the meat and place in the slow cooker. Add the ground chile, cumin, tomatoes with their juice, and pinto beans; stir well to combine. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper. To serve, place a handful of Fritos on a dinner plate. Top with a ladleful of chili and some shredded cheese .Garnish with chopped onions, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ad5colorado and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Frito Chili Pie Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes