Slow-Cooker Curried Chicken With Ginger and Yogurt (4 - 6 qt.)
Like your curry spicy? Turn up the heat by adding 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper along with the curry powder. Recipe by Abigail Chipley, March 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/slow-cooker-curried-chicken-with-ginger-and-yogurt-00000000052369/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/3 cup(s) tomato paste
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 10)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ong-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup(s) plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, whisk together the tomato paste, garlic, curry powder, ginger, cumin, and ¾ cup water. Add the onion and stir to combine. Place the chicken on top and season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- 2. Cover and cook until the chicken is tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- 3. Twenty minutes before serving, cook the rice according to the package directions.
- 4. Just before serving, add the yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Serve with the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note