Oh so tasty. We used extra vegetable broth in lieu of chicken broth for a vegetarian version. The size of the tomato cans wasn't specified so we used two 16oz containers. Extra cook time is needed if you add the vegetables and hash browns directly from the freezer (we did). After step 2, we ended up putting all the ingredients onto a stove-top pot and cooking on a medium-high boil for 25 minutes. 8 servings is no joke.
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Vegetable Soup with Tortellini
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 16 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 16 ounce(s) tomato juice
- 2 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 3 sprig(s) bay leaf
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic
- 1 package(s) frozen vegetable soup mix (onions, carrots, celery)
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 2 cup(s) frozen hash browns
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 16 ounce(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 package(s) prepared tortellini
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 dash(es) crushed red pepper
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf(s) french bread
- 1. Add butter,chicken broth, tomato juice, diced tomatoes, garlic, and bay leaves to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours.
- 2. Remove lid and stir in the vegetable mix, corn, hash browns. Cook 1 hour.
- 3. In a small bowl combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water, stir until smooth. Then stir cornstarch mixture and milk into the slow cooker. (keep lid off)
- 4. Cube the cream cheese and add into the slow cooker. Stir until melted.
- 5. Let cook until soup is thickened (probably about 10-15 minutes).
- 6. Add in Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt to taste.
- 7. Prepare the tortellini as the directions on the package instruct.
- 8. Ladle into bowls, add tortellini, parmesan cheese, and serve with french bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyByrnes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note