Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Vegetable Soup with Tortellini
Easy slow cooker soup. The base is a creamy tomato soup with a lot of vegetables. Served with tortellini and french bread on the side.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 16 ounce(s) chicken broth
- 16 ounce(s) tomato juice
- 2 can(s) diced tomatoes
- 3 sprig(s) bay leaf
- 2 clove(s) fresh garlic
- 1 package(s) frozen vegetable soup mix (onions, carrots, celery)
- 2 cup(s) frozen corn
- 2 cup(s) frozen hash browns
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese
- 16 ounce(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 package(s) prepared tortellini
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1 dash(es) crushed red pepper
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 cup(s) parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf(s) french bread
- 1. Add butter,chicken broth, tomato juice, diced tomatoes, garlic, and bay leaves to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for about 2 hours.
- 2. Remove lid and stir in the vegetable mix, corn, hash browns. Cook 1 hour.
- 3. In a small bowl combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water, stir until smooth. Then stir cornstarch mixture and milk into the slow cooker. (keep lid off)
- 4. Cube the cream cheese and add into the slow cooker. Stir until melted.
- 5. Let cook until soup is thickened (probably about 10-15 minutes).
- 6. Add in Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt to taste.
- 7. Prepare the tortellini as the directions on the package instruct.
- 8. Ladle into bowls, add tortellini, parmesan cheese, and serve with french bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AmyByrnes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note