I made this yesterday and with my busy schedule its was easy and delicious! My husband was very pleased with dinner.
Slow-Cooker Creamy Chicken With Biscuits
Poultry seasoning usually contains a mix of dried thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, and black pepper. It’s a great way to add flavor to chicken dishes. To make your own, combine equal parts of these herbs and store in a tightly sealed container. Recipe by Abigail Chipley, March 2011; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/slow-cooker-creamy-chicken-with-biscuits-00000000052389/index.html.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 pound(s) carrots (about 4), cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 stalk(s) celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) poultry seasoning
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup(s) low-sodium chicken broth
- 6 â¢ (store-bought or Easy Drop Biscuits, split
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the carrots, celery, onion, and flour. Place the chicken on top and season with the poultry seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the wine and broth.
- 2. Cover and cook until the chicken and vegetables are tender, on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 1⁄2 to 3 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- 3. Thirty minutes before serving, prepare the Easy Drop Biscuits (if using).
- 4. Ten minutes before serving, add the peas, cream, and ½ teaspoon salt to the chicken and stir to combine. Cover and cook until heated through, 5 to 10 minutes more.
- 5. To serve, place the bottom halves of the biscuits in shallow bowls, then top with the chicken mixture and the remaining biscuit halves.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note